8 reasons to buy a Swift-Cut plasma over a laser machine
Plasma vs Laser – 8 reasons to buy a Swift-Cut plasma over a laser machine
When it comes to cutting metal plate, the two most popular methods have always been plasma and laser. Both methods offer many benefits over conventional cutting processes such as oxy-fuel gas cutting and grinding/cutting discs.
Below are 8 reasons why a Swift-Cut plasma table is the most sensible decision.
- As well as being able to cut nearly all metals including box section and perforated plate, plasma can also cut rusty, oily and dirty materials
- Generally increased cut speeds on thicker materials. Our XP table with Hypertherm MaxPro 200 cuts up to 30mm mild steel
- Purchase cost of a Swift-Cut plasma system is considerably less than an equivalent laser setup
- Easier maintenance and reduced servicing costs due to straightforward construction and better access to all moving parts
- Simpler cutting process – no specialist high purity gases required, just compressed air
- Quicker installation – usually only 1 or 2 days from start to finish, including training
- Lower cost production on smaller batch quantities
- It’s generally easier programming over a laser setup. The 4-step process is simply:
- Import CAD drawing
- Select material type and thickness
- Nest parts
- And cut.
Contact us now to book an online demonstration, or better yet, come and see our Experience Centre and let us show you just how good Swift-Cut plasma tables really are.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]